Vectorworks Foundation for Landscapers and Architects
Welcome to your first step into the dynamic world of Vectorworks!
Our course is designed to not only acquaint you with the basics but to make you exceptionally competent in using Vectorworks. This course is essential for anyone who wishes to leverage the full potential of this powerful design software.
Why should you take this course?
- It’s thorough: It’s not just a quick overview. It’s a deep dive into fundamental techniques that will make you truly proficient in Vectorworks.
- It’s proven: Thousands of students have used this course to become highly effective in using Vectorworks.
- It’s practical: Each lesson comes with exercises to help you put what you’ve learned into practice.
You might be wondering, why should you work through all exercises, even when you don’t fully understand their importance yet? It’s because mastery comes with practice. And we’re not just here to give you a brief introduction – we’re here to help you master Vectorworks.
Here’s what you can expect to learn:
- The Vectorworks interface: Become comfortable in navigating and using the platform.
- Fundamental Concepts: Understand the basics that will serve as the building blocks of your Vectorworks knowledge.
- 3D Modeling: Get introduced to 3D modeling and learn how to create your own 3D models.
- Creating Drawings: Learn how Vectorworks creates drawings, and create your own.
- Drawing Buildings: Apply your skills in a practical way by drawing buildings.
- Scheduling and Reporting: Discover how to count and report objects in a project, crucial skills for any professional project.
We estimate that the course will take [35 hours] to complete. This isn’t just the total running time of the videos – this is hands-on learning, with three times the video length dedicated to you applying what you’ve learned.
Dive in, practice, and trust in the process. We’ve seen this course work for thousands of students – and we know it can work for you. Start your journey to master Vectorworks today!
Let’s get started! Total video running time 8:03:55
(costs are shown in $US)
- Lectures 27
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours to complete course
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 91
- Assessments Yes
Module 1 – Introduction to Vectorworks
This module is an introduction to the basic concepts of Vectorworks. Learn how to work with the Vectorworks interface, control selection and snapping, control graphics, and place text and dimensions.
Module 2 - Introduction to 3D Modeling
This module is an introduction to 3D Modeling. Learn how to create create simple 3D models, how to control working planes, how to control 3D viewing, how to create drawings from a 3D model, and to place and edit a simple light.
Module 3 – Creating Drawings
In this module you will learn how to create a use design layers, classes, viewports, sheet layers, annotation, and basic drawing tools and commands.
Module 4 – Creating Buildings
In this module you will learn how to create buildings, create views, and create sections and elevations.
Module 5 – Scheduling And Reporting
In this module you will learn about scheduling and reporting (counting things).